Friday 24 June 2011

Beware Pirates ....

Have you ever had a stamp set that you loved and had to have but then left it to sit on the shelf? Beware Pirates is my shelf set. Or, I should admit, one of my shelf sets. I inked it up and re-discovered why I had to have it.


I wanted the central image to look like a battered old warning poster.

I used Early Expresso ink on the same cardstock so the pirate ships, Beware Pirates and ARRRRRRR had a more 'ghostly' effect.


I'm not sure what the ribbon is called; it had a sort of hessian fell to it. I didn't have my ribbon scissors to hand and those I used are normally reserved for stick tape so the result was a pull on the ribbon making it a bit tatty. So I made it a bit tattier, sometimes the best ideas come from a 'little mishap'.


The problem now is that I've no idea where to put a sentiment or if I should .... any ideas?

SU Materials used:
Stamps: Beware Pirates
Inks / Markers: Earley Expresso, Crumb Cake, Real Red
Cardstock: Early Expresso, Very Vanilla

Thanks for stopping by ....

1 comment:

  1. If you want to put a sentiment on it then bottom left - otherwise it looks fabby as it is !

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog, I would love for you to leave a comment x.