Monday 20 June 2011

CASEing swaps .... round two

Here is the second of my swap CASEs. The original was made by Val, hers is on the left in the picture.


Val used a set that I don't have but I loved her colour scheme so CASEd that along with the layout. I like CAS with blank space so the intricate, delicate pattern of the DSP in Perfect Plum called for a plainish central panel. Early Expresso frames the panels giving it a really rich feel; I may have to reuse the design with Rose Red and Early Expresso - perfect for Turkish Delight lovers! The crown is from Artistic Etchings accented with Basic Pearls and Queen for a Day is an old Anna Griffin stamp.

Here's a closer pic, the line of pearls used the pearl strips.


I love how the ink co-ordinates perfectly with SU papers and cardstock.

We have a joke at work about 'who's Queen' when we want our own way; this card will go to one of my colleagues with a note to say she can borrow my crown .... but only for a day. Mind you, it is her birthday in November, I'll probably have put this away in one of those safe places by then and your guess will be as good as mine as to which one!

SU Materials:
Stamps: Artistic Etchings
Card / Paper: Early Expresso, Perfect Plum DSP
Inks: Perfect Plum
Other: Basic Pearls

Thanks for stopping by ....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog, I would love for you to leave a comment x.