Tuesday 18 October 2011

Happy Valentines

Well why not? We have Christmas in July events so why not Valentines in October? OK, so it's only an excuse so I can share this card. I did start out with the intention of making a birthday or anniversary card, but in truth I just wanted to use the Artisitc Etchings set with no particular end aim in mind and this is how it evolved....


My Grandad was in the RAF stationed in India in WWII and brought home lots of little postcard style photographs; these were the inspiration for a photo style card. By the time I added amour it was definately no longer a birthday card in the making. OK, so I know it's well used, the old line about Paris being so romantic and proposals at the top of the Eiffel Tower and such .... but love date stamped in Paris turned it into a "not a heart in sight" valentines card. The french script carries on the en France feel and the rain drops .... well last time in Paris it poured down. The sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Wishes, which is already well used ... a sentiment for practically every occasion.

Stampin' Up! materials used:
Stamps: Artistic Etchings, French Foliage, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Inks: Crumb Cake, Baja Breeze, Erly Expresso
Cardstock: Baja Breeze, Crumb Cake, Whisper White.

Thanks for stopping by .....

1 comment:

  1. I love this card!That Eiffel Tower is one of my favourite stamps!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog, I would love for you to leave a comment x.