Thursday 31 May 2012

Distressed Distressing .....

Distressing doesn't come easy to me, my natural instinct is neat, neat and perhaps just a little bit prissy! I admit it, I am a CAS girl at heart.

When does distressing stop being distressing and end up a dirty, tatty mess?

My friend and upline Cal lives by the motto "if it's got an edge ink it, distress it" ..... for for her birthday last year (yep, just found the photo and I realised I'd forgotten to share it.....) I just had to distress her card ....



I ripped, tore, sanded and distressed ...... everything against my natural instinct!  My favourite Everything Eleanor teamed with the First Edition papers. The butterflies are from the hostess exclusive Precious Butterflies set. The flower was coloured with a blender pen and the leaf is made from half of a flower. Even the seam binding got an inking before it was scrunched and of course no flower can escape without a middle decoration of pearls and rhinestones.

A little decoration for the inside too .....


And after all that distressing ...... a nice cuppa tea!

SU materials used

Stamps: Everything Eleanor, Precious Butterflies, Teeny Tiny Wishes
DSP: First Edition
Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Baja Breeze,
Inks: Crumb Cake, Cherry Cobbler, Certainly Celery, Baja Breeze, Early Espresso
Ribbon: Baja Breeze seam binding
Embellishments: Rhinestones, Pearls



Thanks for stopping by ......


1 comment:

  1. This is just gorgeous Julie. I so know what you mean about the distressing.... but you got it just right on this card in my opinion!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog, I would love for you to leave a comment x.