Tuesday 22 May 2012

A new challenge .....

I have always been fascinated by lace, the intricate and oh so delicate patterns and how it can be curved to make collars. I have some antique laces and trims and was in total awe at the lace on display at the ICHF show at Aintree recently.

I met a lovely lady called Ramona on the West Lancs Lace Making stand who let me have a go on her pillow and invited me along to their monthly meeting to find out more. Well, last night I tootled off to join them in Crosby and I made this ......



It's a snake bookmark .... or will be when it is finished. It uses thicker thread than normal lace making and the different colours really helped to keep the bobbins in the right order on the pillow. I even learned how to make the gaps by twisting the thread and to join new thread when one runs out.

The ladies were making some stunning creations including beautiful keepsakes for their family to mark special occasions. There was so much talent in the room and everyone was so friendly and welcoming, but I want to give a huge thank you to them again especially to Ramona, Janet and my fellow total beginners who made it a blast.

So, is there something that you've always wanted to have a go at?


Thanks for stopping by .....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog, I would love for you to leave a comment x.